We are all specifically women who tend to accumulate fat in the thighs and hips.
But worry not !
Here are a few power yoga asanas to reduce thigh fat and hips which will not only lose fat but result in toned legs.
A proper combination of diet and yoga workout can address the issues of heaviness in the problematic areas. Before you begin with any asanas it would be nice if proper warm up is performed – I would personally suggest you to perform Surya Namaskar for warm up by completing at least 10 or more rounds.
I have shared the link of Surya Namaskar as well for better understanding.
Standing Side Slow Kick:
This is an amazing exercise that helps lose fat in thighs and hips , and provides stability .
How to do Standing Side Kick Step by Step:
- Stand straight ,keep your hands on your hips.
- Slowly lift your right leg upward at a 70 degree angle .
- Keep the other leg straight on the floor .
- Come back at the same position
- Complete the entire set 10 times while breathing in and out
- Take about 5-6 breaths and Complete the same set with the alternate leg.
Side Lunge :
This is the perfect lower body exercise .
The inner thighs and hips are the target of this exercise because of its lateral movements.
How to do Side Lunge step by step:
- Stand straight , resting your hands on the sides.
- Slowly bend your right knee and move sideways stretching your left leg as much as possible .
- If you are used to the exercise you can perform it at a fast pace , else hold this posture for 10 to 15 seconds and come back to the resting position.
- Repeat this exercise on both sides by completing 10 sets on each side.
Three Legged Downward Facing Dog Pose :
This is another powerful yoga asana that helps reduce fat in hips and thighs at the comfort of your home.
How to do Three Legged Downward Dog step by step:
- We all are familiar with the Downward Facing Dog Pose where you form an inverted V with your body lifting your hip and head touching the ground (Detailed information about this is given in the Surya namaskar blog already shared the link)
- This is a similar pose with a little modification.
- The three-legged pose includes a lift of the other leg high and straight.
- It helps your inner thigh muscles and gives you toned hips.
- This is an effective way to reduce hip and thigh fat.
- It takes time for your body to get used to this powerful workout- but for sure once you begin with you will see results in the upcoming 7 days.
- While performing breathe in and out through your nostril.
Downward Facing Dog Limb Lift :
Another perfect and natural remedy to reduce the hip and thigh fat easily.
How to do Downward facing Dog Limb Lift step by step:
- Come in the downward facing dog pose.
- Bend your right knee and place it near your chest.
- If you are used to it, you can practice it at a fast pace, else hold this posture for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Push your leg above as much as possible as performed in three – legged.
- Bring your leg back in the resting position – downward facing dog pose.
- Repeat the same 10 times with each leg.
- This exercise is aimed at shaping the hips and thighs.
The Limb Lift :
This is yet another yoga pose to control your hefty pounds in tummy, hips and legs.
How to do The Limb Lift step by step:
- Come down on your fours on the ground.
- Your knees and palms should touch the ground.
- Keep your palms straight and fingertips facing the wall.
- Slowly lift your right leg parallel to the ground near your chest and push it above as high as you can.
- Bring your leg back to the resting position.
- You can alternate between the two legs, else practice 10 rounds at a time.
- Complete the practice 10 times with each leg.
Single Leg Circle :
This is one of the best for challenging your core strength and pelvic stability.
The abdominal muscles must work hard to keep the entire torso controlled despite the circular movement of the leg in the hip socket.
How to do Single Leg Circle step by step:
- Lie on your back straight and relax your body.
- For better balance place your hands under the hip.
- Slowly lift your right leg and move it in the clockwise direction.
- Repeat the same for 10 times.
- Now slowly change the direction and move it in the anti-clockwise direction.
- Move with 5-6 breaths
- Repeat the same for 10 times.
- Come back in the resting position.
- Relax your body for a while.
- Perform the same movement with the other leg (left leg).
- Engage your core.
- It aims at improved function in the hips and promotes the balance.
Best Tips To Reduce Your Thigh Fat With Increased Energy.
Regular Exercise :
To achieve the desired goal regular exercise is necessary, it’s okay if you are in a hurry or don’t have sufficient time to – something is better than nothing, you can practice yoga workout at the hard core in 10 minutes.
Regular exercise consists of overall body workout by adding thigh Workout 2 days in a week simultaneously performing other yoga asanas like Nadi shuddhi (breathing techniques) , Surya namaskar, vinyasa, hatha yoga, power yoga, dhyana yoga, ashtanga, cardio etc.
Balanced Diet :
Diet is equally important as physical workout.
All the foods are good food.
Avoiding junk food is pertinent difficulty, it’s okay simultaneously intake healthy food like dal- roti, turmeric milk, rice,green vegetables, fruits etc
Make sure you intake less carbohydrates and Protein according to your weight and other factors as such (age, meal intakes, meal span).
Diet Is An Act Of Absolutely Enjoying Every Meal In a Proper Contrast.
Know How Your Body Is,How Your Metabolism Is.
Eat Proper RATHER Eating small Portion Of Any Food
Every Food Is Measured Into Carbs, Proteins, Saturated Fat, Unsaturated Fat ,Proteins, Fibre.
Your Body Requires all Of these Into some Portion whether it’s a fat,Carbs Or Protein
Your Body System Works On How you Treat Your inner Organs (Do You Workout,Do You Eat Out stuff More than Required , Are you a Paratha Lover, So You consume Food containing lightweight and however feeling hungry at times Oops 😬)
Know How Your Body System Is
Body Consists of 70% Of What You Eat and 30% Of What You Do ,How You Move (Movements)
I can help you How Can You Eat Proper food in a Proper Portion
Get your Whole Veg Diet Plan
Aids in Constipation
Link is shared of the form which is necessary for me to know a bit about you to prepare your diet plan.
It will hardly take a minute.
Thank you so much!
If you find any difficulty or queries feel free to ask me in the comment section.
Yoga asana is the third limb of the eight- limbed path outlined in the Yoga Sutra of Patanjali- a seminal yogic text.
The eight limbs are as follows.
- Yamas and Niyamas ( Moral and ethical codes.
- Asanas ( Postures)
- Pranayama ( Breathwork)
- Pratyahara ( withdrawal of the senses)
- Dharana ( concentration)
- Dhyana ( Meditation )
- Samadhi ( spiritual absorption)
Practice of these yoga sutras shouldn’t be painful.
If you are experiencing an excess of emotional and / or physical discomfort during your practice – either come out of the pose you’re doing or ask your teacher on how you can adjust and go with the flow which suits your body taking into consideration any contraindications or injuries.
At homasana, our goal is to inspire your practice with in-depth articles, video courses and challenges. We are devoted to sharing yoga with the world inspiring everyone wishing for a respectful life, Happy and peaceful mind- body.