Eyes are the most important part of our body which make our body lively. Protecting and taking care of our eyes is our duty. This article “Yoga for eyes” will guide you about various exercises which makes your eyes healthy and fit. So that you can see beautiful things forever.
Yoga asanas are known to improve the posture and balance hence proper functioning of the organs. Yoga also consists of few exercises for proper functioning of the eyes henceforth increasing your ability to focus and help relieve eye strain symptoms.
These exercises are also known as yogic eye exercises- eye yoga those are the movements that strengthen the muscles in your eye structure. Like the way, we work out for arms, belly, thighs, calves, neck to rest the muscles effectively – eyes need some rest to run throughout the day.
Improve your fuzzy eyesight – yoga is the solution.
These exercises are as important as nutrition, eating healthy – drinking plenty of water, in taking green vegetables, salads, fruits – specifically carrots and oranges .
Sit in Easy Pose while you practice these asanas.
Just Blink –
Some yoga exercises are as simple as blinking, and yet so powerful . We tend to forget to blink when browsing for long hours on the electronic devices. Blinking however can make our eyes healthier and stronger.
Regular practice of these given below yoga eye exercises will relax your eyesight and facilitate the normal functioning of your eyes. Before you begin, wash your eyes with the cold water and sit straight, keeping your head straight throughout the exercises.
- Sit comfortably with your eyes open.
- Blink your eyes around 10 times quickly.
- Close your eyes and have a rest for a while of about 20 seconds.
- Repeat the same at least 5-6 times.
- While you perform these exercises also intake breath and out.
Sideways Viewing :
- Sit comfortably with your head in the fixed position.
- Shift your vision towards your side – left and right.
- Repeat this about 10-20 times.
- Once you complete the exercise, close your eyes and rest for a while.
- Take multiple breaths whenever necessary.
Up and Down Viewing :
- Sit comfortably.
- Shift your vision towards up and down.
- Inhale while raising the eyes.
- Exhale while lowering the eyes
- The head and spine should be straight.
- Repeat the same about 10-20 times.
- Close your eyes and relax for a while.
Rotational Viewing :
- Keep the head still.
- Make a circle by shifting your vision in the clockwise direction.
- Inhale while completing the upper arc of the circle.
- Exhale when completing the lower arc.
- Repeat the process about 10 times.
- Close your eyes and relax for 20 seconds.
- Similarly complete the entire round in the anti-clockwise direction for about 10 times.
- Close your eyes and relax for a while.
- Open your eyes once you finish the entire set of all the exercises.
- Rub your palms gently until it becomes warm.
- Place your palms over your eyelids .
- Keeping the eyes closed , lower your hands .
- Rub your palms and repeat the same three times.
When to do :
- You can either do it in the morning as soon as you wake up or else you can even do it in the night before you sleep which will lead to better sleep.
- If possible you can complete each set 10 times at least by doing once in the morning and once in the night before you sleep.
- It is absolutely alright if you do it while you work out as well.
- Just make sure you do it consistently everyday.
Follow up Yoga Asanas :
- Dhyana Yoga ( Meditation )
- Shavasana ( Corpse Pose )
Benefits of eye exercises :
- Improved concentration.
- Relief from eye strain.
- Better vision.
- Calm mind.
- Comfort from dry eyes.
- Lesser chances of eye diseases.
Do not resist any thoughts or sensations during the exercise – to overcome thoughts practice mantra meditation by chanting any Mantra of your choice (To know in detail about how you can overcome it, yoga for peace has been designed for you – link shared _ go through once I am sure you will find it helpful).
If you find my article helpful to share it with your friends dedicated to fitness and yoga lovers.
Your suggestions are appreciated…
Feel free to ask me if there are any queries in the comment box.